One of the most graceful and glamorous names in the bundle of baby girl names is Scarlett. Whether it is the American Megastar Scarlett Johansson, or the fictional character of Scarlett O’Hara from ‘Gone with the Wind’, the name Scarlett and enchantment go hand in hand. If you also know a wonderful woman named Scarlett, then why not give her a beautiful nickname and let her know how much she matters!
In this article, we have tried to gather some amazing nicknames for Scarlett to make your job easier. The cool explanation that each nickname carries here will further smoothen your path! But before we start exploring, let’s have a glance at the meaning and origin of the name.
Meaning and Origin of Scarlett
Essentially, the word ‘Scarlett’ means the shade of bright carmine red. The word ‘Scarlet’ originated as an occupational surname, referring to a person who sold scarlet, a luxury wool cloth produced in Persia.
The word is known to have derived from the Arabic word ‘siklāt’, which refers to silks dyed with the kermes, a special red-hued dye made using a particular genus of insects. Throughout the ages, in many cultures, the color scarlet was frequently reserved for the rich and/or nobility.
A name with such an unusual meaning, Scarlett is the 20th most popular name for girls in the United States, according to 2018 Social Security Administration data. The popularity graph for this lovely name has only gone upwards since the year 2000.
Notable namesakes of the name are Scarlett Johansson and Scarlett Pomers, both well-known American actresses.
Now that we know where the roots of the name lie, let’s move towards the most beautiful nicknames for Scarlett.
Cute Nicknames for Scarlett
Calling someone by a cute nickname is like a cool breeze on a hot summer day for them. It is like being carried away in a flush of affection even if it is for a moment. So, if Scarlett is someone special to you, then don’t miss a chance of making her feel that way. Express yourself with a cute nickname from the list below!
- Scuzy – A cheerful mix of peppy and cute, Scarlett will love this nickname.
- Etty – A crisp and catchy name that will perfectly adorn Scarlett.
- Carley – Simple yet sassy, this one will highlight her personality.
- Sweets – This may be a common endearment but always makes the heart feel full.
- Scarlove – Sneak the word ‘love’ in the name and there, you have it.
- Swiss Roll – Who doesn’t love this delicious dessert?
- Scouffle – Call Scarlett by this name if she is as decadent as this classy dessert.
- Lovett – Originated from the french word for wolf’s cub, this one fits rightly for a sprightly kid named Scarlett.
- Chocolate – Because her name rhymes with one of the most indulgent foods.
- Sissy – It’s heartfelt, adorable, and your sister will certainly feel special.
- Scaramel Cookie – A scrumptious nicknames specially baked for Scarlett.
- Scarlicious – For baby Scarlett who you just feel like eating up!
Funny Nicknames for Scarlett
They say that the best nicknames are the ones that make you laugh your heart out. Moreover, calling someone by funny names can actually tell how comfortable you are with each other. Now, talking about the name Scarlett, we have gathered quite a few chuckle-worthy nicknames for you to pick from. Have a look!
- Scarpet – For a Scarlett who just can’t get enough of her pets.
- Showerlett – A funny take on a stinky Scarlett who barely showers.
- Scar-frett – This one is for a Scarlett who can’t stop worrying.
- Scar-jet – Unleash your comic sense by calling a swift Scarlett by this name.
- Scarlux – For a sophisticated Scarlett who has the most luxurious lifestyle.
- Scar-debt – On contrary to the previous one, this is for a Scarlett who always broke and keeps borrowing money.
- Screepy – Give everyone a chance to giggle by calling a creepy Scarlett by this name.
- Sclowny – If acting around like a clown is her thing, then this amusing nickname is for her.
- Squats – Is your Scarlett a fitness freak? If yes, then this workout jargon deserves to be her nickname.
- Spalett – If Scarlett’s spa visits are never-ending, then this creative nickname has to be your choice.
- Scarffy – This one is to mock a Scarlett who is always cold and carries a ton of scarves.
- Scorelett – This one is for a sporty Scarlett who never fails to keep her game scores high.
- Purr-lett – By chance Scarlett loves cats!
- Scaley – For a Scarlett who is too obsessed with her weight and can’t get down the scales.
Cool Nicknames for Scarlett
If Scarlett is the coolest friend you have, then she deserves a nickname to reflect how cool she is. Go through our compilation of cool nicknames for Scarlett, and you would definitely want to pick one.
- Letty – Give the name a spunky spin and you’ll get a cool nicknames for Scarlett
- Scarl – It has quite a sunny sound to it.
- Sour Belt – Is Scarlett fond of those yummy sweet and sour candy strips? If yes, you might want to go with this one.
- Scarsy – A refreshing reformation of Scarlett.
- Scar Jar – For someone who has been in so many fights that she has a jar of scars to show.
- Scarash – This one’s for the reckless being that Scarlett is.
- Scatwoman – Adding an ‘S’ to this feisty character from DC comics will give you one of the coolest nicknames for Scarlett.
- Scout – The ideal nickname for a Scarlett who is adventurous and loves outdoor activities.
- Carla – It means ‘strong and free’, and will make a great nickname for Scarlett if that’s how you would describe her.
- Black Widow – Yes, we are thinking of the most popular and powerful character played by Scarlett Johansson.
- Scarlit – Because everything is ‘lit’ with Scarlett!
Badass Nicknames for Scarlett
If Scarlett is one of the most fearless women that you know, then a badass nickname will suit her the best. Here, we have a collection of nicknames that will fantastically highlight her wild side. Have a look and thank us later!
- Scar – Just pull out the first four letters and you’ll get a nickname that people will die for.
- Sour-lett – For a badass Scarlett who is sour and doesn’t hide it.
- Screw-lett – If Scarlett has lost count of how many people she has screwed, then this one’s for her.
- Sin – This dark nickname is for the tough girl who simply does as she pleases.
- Scaryl – If most of the people who know her are also scared of her, then this is the perfect pick.
- Scatterbrain – For the carefree soul who doesn’t give much thought to anything.
- Scorpion – If rebellious is the word that comes to your mind when you think of Scarlett, then give her a bold nickname like this.
- Scar-threat – This murky nickname is for a Scarlett who just threatens her way through everyone.
- Screamster – For the wild child whose screams are unnerving.
- Bloodshade – We tried twisting ‘bloodshed’ a little to get a fighter nickname which sits well with the original meaning of Scarlett.
- S’cruel’ett – Stuff in ‘cruel’ in her name to turn things dark.
Unique Nicknames for Scarlett
We all believe that each of us is unique, right? Then shouldn’t we also have unique nicknames, the ones which are tailor-made for us? Of course, we should! With the bunch of extraordinary nicknames below, you’ll surely find the ideal one for your Scarlett.
- Starlet – A common term for young actresses, this might be the right nickname for Scarlett if she aims to make it big in showbiz.
- Superstar – Now, this is something solid for someone who you think is a superstar.
- Darlett – Let’s tie ‘darling’ and ‘Scarlett’ together to make an adorable nickname.
- Scones – For a Scarlett who is as tempting as this baked beauty!
- Scarose – A flowery nickname for a Scarlett who reminds you of the prettiest rose you’ve seen.
- Scarellina – This will make for a gorgeous name for Scarlett if she is a ballerina.
- Sky – An absolutely beautiful nickname for someone who believes in aiming high.
- Pearlett – Such a dainty name for a Scarlett who is as precious as a pearl.
- Scaurora – If your Scarlett is as amazing as the phenomenal aurora borealis (Northern Lights), then just call her by this name.
- Leggylett – A tall girl named Scarlett can easily be given this nickname.
- Sunshine – A warm and happy nickname that never goes wrong.
- Summer – For a Scarlett who is as pleasant and balmy as a summer evening.
Conclusion: Nicknames for Scarlett
That was our round-up of sixty beautiful nicknames for your dear Scarlett. We hope you find it useful in deciding upon a nickname for your dear one. We’re sure Scarlett will love your cautiously picked or created nickname and it will make your bond stronger.
We would like to know more wonderful nicknames for this name, apart from our suggestions. So, if you have a few in mind, do share them with us.