Looking for a nickname for your friend Natalia? Or maybe your sibling, daughter, or partner whose name is Natalia? If so, you have definitely come to the right place. We bring you a wonderful assortment of beautiful nicknames for anyone with the name Natalia. You are sure to find the perfect nickname for your Natalia that will make her light up.
The name Natalia finds its origin in Latin where it means “Christmas Day” or “Birthday of the Lord”. It is a feminine name that is used predominantly in Russia and the surrounding nations. The name evokes a sense of warmth and comfort because of its association with Christmas and the holidays.
Due to the rarity of the name Natalia, it can be challenging to find the right nicknames. But worry you shall not because we believe everyone deserves a good nickname. Just as Genesis says: “A good name is more desirable than great riches; to be esteemed is better than silver or gold.”
Celebrities Named Natalia
If someone says they have never googled who the celebrities sharing their names are, they are probably lying straight out of their teeth.
We have done the homework for you. Following are some of the famous people named Natalia that you can consider while thinking of a nickname.
Natalia Dyer – American actress is popularly known for her role as Nancy Wheeler in the 2016 – present blockbuster Netflix series, Stranger Things.
Natalia Goncharova – 20th Century Russian painter who was one of the leading female figures in the avant-garde era of paintings in Russia after World War 1.
Natalia Tena – English actress and musician better known for playing Nymphadora Tonks in the Harry Potter film series and Osha in the HBO series Game of Thrones.
Natalia Vladimirovna Poklonskaya – Russian politician and the serving ambassador of the Russian Federation to the Republic of Cabo Verde since October 2021.
Cute Nicknames for Natalia
Oh, so you are not just looking for a nickname but want to pave the way to Natalia’s heart. Don’t worry, we got your back. Go through these adorable nicknames, and you will surely find one that fits the personality of Natalia that you know.
- Nyla – It is a name of great historic importance as it is a derivative of the name of the river Nile in Egypt, the longest river in the world. Use this name for Natalia and let her know that she is the source of immeasurable happiness for you.
- Nala – Nala means “Queen” in Swahili and was popularised by the 1994 Disney animated movie “The Lion King” where Nala was the name of a female lion who becomes the queen of the lion pride. Use it for someone who has the heart and strength of a lion.
- Nia – Nia is a colorful and chirpy name that means “bright” in Welsh and “purpose” in Swahili. Suitable for the person named Natalia who has brought colors and light to your life.
- Nat – A perfect nickname for someone named Natalia, who is closest to you.
- Lee – A fitting name for someone named Natalia who leads the door to your heart.
- Natty – Simple, pleasant, and a cute way to call anyone named Natalia.
- Lia – A beautiful nickname which is a derivative of “Leah”, meaning “bearer of good news” in Italian.
- Nitty – Is Natalia just like a cute little pumpkin? Then look no more, this is the perfect nickname.
- Alia – Nothing says royal and sublime like the name Alia. You are sure to make Natalia feel special by using this name.
- Tally – A sweet and cuddly name that will surely bring a smile to Natalia’s face and heart.
- Lily – A mushy name for that special someone who makes your heart race.
- Alaya – Use this name to compliment Natalia’s dazzling and hypnotizing personality that livens up the room as soon as she enters.
- Allie – If Natalia is firm and strong like a stone, the nickname Allie is appropriate for them.
- Illy – What do you think about this sweet and tasteful nickname for Natalia?
- Nalia – A lovely melodious name that is sure to make Natalia go all fuzzy and warm from the inside.
Funny Nicknames for Natalia
Nothing can be quite as fun as playful banter with a person you are close to. Humor-filled nicknames are a great way to start a tongue-in-cheek exchange and have fun together.
We have a colorful list of nicknames that are sure to get you and Natalia chuckling and chortling.
And if you are really into Natalia, play your cards right using the following nicknames, and she might even become humorously yours.
- Nit-Nat – Is Natalia sweet and snappy, just like the chocolate Kit Kat? Then this is just the right nickname for them.
- Nanny – We all know that one friend who is a mother to the entire group of friends. If you don’t, then perhaps you are that friend.
- Netty – Although Netty means “He (God) has favored me”, you can use it in jest for the friend who asks you too many favors.
- Neatalia (Neat+Alia) – The cleanliness freak Natalia deserves this squeaky clean name. Call them Neatalia before she opens another bottle of sanitizer.
- Noodle – The love for noodles shall never go in vain. Let them know their food choices have become an inseparable part of their personality.
- Bratalia (Brat + Alia) – For that bratty one who always creates a ruckus but melts like chocolate when she talks to you.
- Nut-Job – If crazy and insane are the words that always remind you of Natalia, do consider this nickname.
- Nitty-Nitty Bang-Bang – This badass nickname is for those who seem to have come straight out of a Quentin Tarantino movie.
- Naughty – A fitting name for those who cannot help but leave a trail of mischief all around.
- Nani – A seemingly unsuspicious name for ordinary people but not for Otakus (anime lovers). It comes from the raging anime meme where during the fight scene the protagonist says “Omae wa mou shindeiru.” (you are already dead), and the latter replies in shock, “Nani?” (what?).
- Willy-Nilly – For that confused and unpredictable friend who is always up to something despite no purpose or motivation.
Cool Nicknames for Natalia
How about some straightforward names full of charm and modern pizzazz?
If you are looking for some cool and unique nicknames that you may never hear from someone else, this list will definitely not disappoint you.
- Nat-Nat – No nickname can be quite as quirky as this one.
- Nelly – Yes! Just like the rapper Nelly. Your hip-hop fanatic friend is bound to call you their homie once you call them Nelly.
- Nattie – A perfect name to let everyone know how close you are to Natalia.
- Nats – A funky and suave name that carries a punch.
- Nate – Nate means “gift” in Hebrew. Reserve it for the one you are grateful for.
- Natalina – A Spanish variation of Natalia that sounds just as beautiful, if not more.
- Nataliana – A beautiful name you wouldn’t want to miss if you know someone named Natalia.
- Lilian – The name Lilian evokes a sense of pureness and freshness. Natalia is sure to blush all over if someone calls her by this name.
- Natana – Some names just speak for themselves. Natana is exactly one such name.
Russian Nicknames for Natalia
Russia has always been a well of unique and fascinating names that have been adopted by the world. Many of the traditional Russian names are also used in countries that vastly vary culturally. Ever heard of names such as Nikita, Monica, and Anushka?
I am sure you have. Wouldn’t you be surprised to know that these names are originally from Russia? I sure as hell was!
As we discussed, Natalia is also a Russian name. Then why don’t we look into some of the Russian derivatives that can be made for Natalia.
- Natalya – It is a popular Russian name which is a Russian derivative of the name “Natalia”.
- Natasha – Natasha is a Slavic diminutive of the name Natalia that is commonly used all around the world.
- Ilya – Ilya means “strength of God”. It is a name that characterizes strength and power and commands reverence.
- Tal – The name was popularised by the Soviet chess grandmaster Mikhail Nekhemyevich Tal who is still one of the most revered chess players in history. The name Tal is for people who are known for their intellect and quick wit.
- Nadia – Nadia means “hope” in several Slavic countries, fitting for that special one who came to your life like the light at the end of the tunnel.
- Nitra – Nitra is a name of Slovakian origin that means “to cut or burn down.” A fitting nickname if Natalia has a resting bitch-face that keeps everyone from approaching her.
- Tasya – Tasya is a Russian holy name meaning “resurrection: birthday.”
- Tanya – Tanya is a Russian name that is commonly used in other parts of the world, such as South Asia.
Creative Nicknames for Natalia
Oh, we see. So you are someone who wants nothing but the absolute best for Natalia. That does make us feel a tiny bit jealous, but we can let it slide.
Nevertheless, coming ahead, some of the most unique and creative nicknames for Natalia that we can guarantee you will not find anywhere else.
- Italy – Can any nickname list be complete without a country’s name? We don’t think so, especially when the country is as elegant as Italy.
- Nutty – For that special someone who doesn’t show their emotions easily. In other words, who is a tough nut to crack.
- Ninja – Is Natalia an acrobatic maestro who loves to sneak up on unsuspecting people? Even if she isn’t, Ninja is a fun and quirky nickname for anyone who is quick and jumpy.
- Nitya – The name Nitya originates from Hindu mythology as one of the names of Goddess Durga.
- Tilly – A short, sweet, and angelic name for Natalia, who boasts similar qualities.
- Tulip – No matter how many you try, a nickname based on a flower is always the winner!
- Nitty-Gritty – Natalia’s fastidiousness and her exhausting attention to detail keep annoying you? Be sure to call her nitty-gritty and let her know.
- Nritya – Nritya means “dance” in Sanskrit. Use this beautiful name to let Natalia know that you are dazzled by her moves.
And that’s a wrap! We hope the nicknames that you have picked out of our collection remain close to you and the person you intend to use them for. If you could think of any nickname that we have missed, do let us know, and we would be happy to take your suggestion.
We will see you soon with another set of nicknames. Till then, adios.