Are you looking for a sweet nickname for your loveable one? Does this seem hard to get good nicknames for Michael? Don’t worry we have brought a list of more than 100 cute and funny nicknames for Michael from which you can choose a perfect nickname for your dear Michael.
Believe me, finding nicknames is a fun and enjoyable task. This is what we will explain in this article. Here, we will discuss numerous suitable nicknames of Michael. The details of each nickname with meaning will be given so that you can easily choose a fitting nickname for your dear one.
Firstly we will go through the descent and meaning of the name Michael in brief.
Descent and meaning of Michael
Michael is a boy’s name, and this scriptural name was taken from the Bible. Michael is a masculine name that originated from Hebrew. If we break the name Michael into ‘miy’= who; + ‘el’= god; that is ‘who is God’. The name basically suggests the one ‘who is like God’.
Michael was an archangel in the Bible. In the Old Testament, he was named as a ‘protector of Israel’ and in the New Testament, he is pictured as a patron saint of a soldier.
It is really awesome to have a name after some character of the Bible and will equally be cool to have a nickname based on a famous personality, Michael Jackson. Besides being an archangel, the name is also popular for American pop singer-songwriter-dancer Michael Jackson whose contribution to art is known to all.
Today ‘Michael’ is an amazing and popular name for men all over the world. Michael is the name of a cherub, which God carries.
So, without further delay let’s have a look at our collections of nicknames for Michael.
Cute nicknames of Michael
Here we have given some sweet and suitable nicknames for a baby boy, named Michael. These can be used to show how important they are to you.
- Mikey – Comical name, you can use instead of Michael.
- Mike – An amusing name of Michael.
- MJ – in honor of famous Michael Jackson.
- M – first later Michael and the first later of the surname. For example- Michael Douglas will be called ‘MD’. Short and simple.
Funny Nicknames for Michael
Funny nicknames are specially used by friends or siblings to tease or irritate each other. These names might not be that hilarious but puns used here will definitely bring that smile for sure.
- Mika Mika – rhymes with the famous ‘Pika Pika’ song.
- Mikachu – rhymes with Pikachu from Pokemon.
- Macko – it is a nickname of MJ.
- Wireless Mike
- Dyke – rhymes with Mike.
- Bike – rhymes with Mike.
- Mikehold – hold the mike.
- Mike ill – ‘mike is ill’, a sound variation of Michael
- Michold – ‘Mich/Mike is old’, to tease a friend.
- Mighty Mike
Creative Nicknames for Michael
These few nicknames are different variations of Michael; some are of a different language or based on famous characters.
- Jordan – if he plays basketball well. Michael Jordon is a legendary basketball player.
- Michal – sounds alike
- Micael – variations
- Khal – based on a character from Game of Thrones, Khal Drago.
- Milkha – famous Indian athlete.
Cool Nicknames for Michael
These are some of the really cool nicknames for your dear Michael.
- Micah – pronounced as ‘my-kah’
- Misha – Russian touch
- Angel – as if Angel Mike.
- Big Mike
- Kale – pronounced as ‘kel’
- Micky mick
Short Nicknames for Michael
Usually, we love to refer our closed one or adorable one with a short name, to expose our love to different situations. We have shortlisted some suitable short nicknames for Michael, which you can use to address Michael.
- Lil M
Cute Boyfriend Nicknames for Michael
Girls love to call boyfriend by names from time to time. Here we are to help you if your special one’s name is Michael.
- Mickie mouse
- Michael baby
- Michael Luv – A cute pet name for Michael.
- Michael Boo
- Miky Coco
- Michael Mouse
- Micha bullion
- Michael Prince – A sweet, adorable name of Michael, to make out how precious he is.
- Micky lee
- Aww Mykel
- Aww Miki
- Miky Limy
- Mykayle – my Kayle
- My mike
- Mykhal – my Khal
- Mikachuu – cute way of calling Pikachu.
- Myell – ‘my ell’
- My angel – since this name comes from the archangel Michael. So this can be a good nickname for Michael.
- Captain Mike
- Mack baby
- Angel face – It is a commonly used nickname or anyone. But since Angel is one of the nicknames of Michael, this nickname would be a good one for someone named Michael.
- Ell baby – To make it cuter, add baby after any nickname.
- Love Angel
Best Nicknames for Michael
Still, confused about what to choose from? We understand your dilemma. Here are our handpicked nicknames for Michael that will help you to decide. Those are the best ones and widely preferred nicknames for a beautiful person named Michael.
- Micki – can be pronounced in two different ways; ‘mai-kee’ or ‘ mee-kee’
- Mickie – pronounced as ‘mai-kee’
- Micks – pronounce it as ‘mikes’ or ‘meeks’
- Mickys – we came across tons of Mikes. But I barely know any Mickys other than the famous Micky mouse.
- M – short and simple.
- Wacko Jacko – if he is fond of dancing or a die-heart fan of legendary Michael Jackson.
- Mikesh – An Indic touch to the nickname. Pronounce it as ‘meek-esh.’
- Mig – from the nickname Miguel.
Famous People Named Michael
When you need to find nicknames for a particular name, nicknames of famous people are the best way to start with. Some famous personalities are listed down below:
- Michael Jackson – Michael Jackson was a famous American pop star (1958-2009) globally known as “King of Pop”.
- Michaelangelo – brilliant Italian sculptor of the 16th century.
- Michael Jordon – legendary basketball player from America.
- Michael Douglas – American actor.
- Michael Phelps – former American swimmer.
- Michael Clifford – famous guitarist.
You can also help us by telling us any good nicknames for Michael that we have missed.