Adopted by the current pope, the name Francis sounds like a bountiful of positivity, goodness, and divinity. Hearing the name, one’s mind goes to a boy who is calm and controlled, carrying a saintly smile and peace on his face.
If you also have someone so pure who you absolutely adore named Francis, then it’s time to brighten up their face with a smile! And that you will do by giving them a new nickname. The one that ornaments their personality and your relationship with them.
To carry out this exciting task, we have stocked up all that you need. From common nicknames to those creative ones, we are going to give you a broad range of choices to pick from. After all, your dear Francis deserves a one-of-a-kind nickname, doesn’t he?
So, get ready to surf through nicknames and look out for the friendly notes of advice that we have shared with each nickname.
But before we go out for the names, let’s halt to read some facts and beliefs about the name Francis.
Meaning and Origin of Francis
The English first name ‘Francis’ probably has roots lying in the Old French ‘Franceis,’ Latin ‘Franciscus,’ or Italian ‘Francisco.’ In its most initial form, it might have been an ethnic name meaning ‘Frank’ and hence, ‘Frenchman’.
It became massively popular as a personal name during the Middle Ages given the fame of St. Francis of Assisi, whose baptismal name was actually Giovanni but was later known as Francisco because his father was absent in France at the time of his birth. Several European languages have contributed to the development of this American family name.
Another meaning of the name is ‘free’ which makes its use androgynous. However, Frances is generally used for girls and Francis for boys.
Now that we are familiar with the meaning and origin of Francis, let’s get going with the nicknames!
Common Nicknames for Francis
The list below is filled with nicknames for Francis that have passed the test of time and managed to retain their position amongst the favorites. You can call Francis by any of these names to break the ice with him. So, go ahead and choose one right away!
- Franc – One of the most preferred nicknames for Francis, this will never be a bad idea.
- Fro – A light-hearted name for someone who always cheers you up.
- Fran – Another widely used pet name that Francis might have been called by.
- Franco – A funky name with a European touch for a loving friend.
- Franky – This one is just right for an old buddy called Francis.
- Cis – Short and sweet, this nickname is an instant hit.
- Cisco – This giant tech company will make an ideal nickname for someone who is a tech geek.
- Fig – This one is tiny and tasty, just like the fruit itself.
- Frisky – If your Francis is playful and never runs out of energy, then this pet name is for him.
Cute Nicknames for Francis
If Francis makes you go ‘awww’ every time he does something sweet or silly, then this heart-melter deserves the cutest nickname. To find one, just go through the following bunch of nicknames and pick what suits your jelly bean the best!
- Froyo – Pick this for Francis if his go-to dessert is a yummy tub of frozen yogurt.
- Fruity – Because Francis is to you what fruits are to your body – Super healthy!
- Fam-cis – This one is extremely adorable for you are calling him family.
- Choco Frappe – If Francis lifts up your mood just like a glass of choco frappe, then go ahead with this.
- Fruitsicle – Sweet, vibrant, and helps you cool down – all the things that you love about Francis.
- Fluff Ball – For that insanely cute and chubby toddler who you can’t take your eyes off.
- Fanboy – We think fanboying over anything is simply adorable. If he is one, then go for this one.
- Fudge – A warm and delicious scoop of love for Francis!
- Frany Boy – For that little boy who looks up to you.
- Funfetti – A sprinkle of funfetti makes everything better, and so does Francis.
- French Fry – The perfect nickname for that boy who is an absolute snack.
- Li’l Fro – For a naughty kid named Francis.
- Foo Foo Bear – This sounds like it’s straight out of a kids’ cartoon show.
- Frankid – For a junior who goes by the name.
- Finn – A cute and happening name that Francis will love you for.
- Freckles – Throw some attention to those freckles which make him look simply stunning.
Popular Nicknames for Francis
Being around for a while now, popular nicknames certainly have an upper hand over the others. These may be just shorter and easier versions of the original name, but hold a lot of feelings for the bearer.
As far as Francis is concerned, we have a beautiful set of some of the most popular nicknames for him. So, check it out and get your hands on the best!
- Franny – The secret behind its popularity is the way it expresses love.
- Francy – This might be in common use but can be made unique with a dash of affection.
- Frank – This massively used nickname will become more meaningful if Francis is always frank and honest with you.
- Fray – This one definitely has a fun sound to it.
- Frantz – Another spunky and popular pet name that your high school best friend will love.
- Frano – A peppy name for a happy-go-lucky Francis.
- Fancy – Call him fancy if nothing is regular about him.
- Franus – Doesn’t this sound like it’s held by a Roman God?
- Flirty Frank – An obvious nickname for Francis who is popular among the ladies.
Creative Nicknames for Francis
Having fun is our top priority here. And creativity is intelligence having fun. That’s what Albert Einstein said! So, let’s work up our creative sides a bit and churn out some awesome nicknames for Francis that are never heard of before.
Glance through the list and let us know which one clicked with you!
- Frandsome – A witty way of calling Francis handsome.
- Freeze – If Francis is someone who has to carry a sweater in all weathers, then this is the nickname for him.
- Franty – Is Francis someone who can’t stop ranting about things? If yes, then his ranty mouth gets this name.
- Prancy – For a perpetually enthusiastic soul is always found prancing around the place.
- Friend-cis – Just a silly way to call your friend.
- Fussy – If Francis is annoyingly fussy about things, then you know what to call him.
- Frangipani – If his presence is as pleasant as the fragrance of these lovely flowers, then you found your nickname.
- Fracture – Quite a funny name for that boy who keeps getting into accidents.
- Fragile – Another humor-induced pet name for an over-sensitive person.
- Bran-cis – For a health-conscious man who makes bran a huge part of his diet.
- Plan-cis – This one is for that obsessive planner who needs everything to happen in order.
- Fran Pan – If he cooks the most amazing meals, then Francis has to be pictured with a pan.
- Frenzy – If chaos is an inseparable part of his life, then this nickname is fitting.
- Fairy – A nice nickname for your personal wish-granting machine.
- Fralini – A pinch of Italian charm, and you will get this exotic nickname.
- Franxious – If Francis gets anxious at the tiniest of things, then this wordplay is for him.
- F-rancid – A giggle-worthy nickname for a smelly Francis who needs to take a shower.
- Plank-cis – For a fitness freak who can’t go without doing his set of planks.
- Friar – For a Roman Catholic who takes his religion a bit too seriously.
- Flunky Frank – For a carefree student who doesn’t bother about flunking his courses.
- Fomo – If Francis has a big fear of missing out on things, then this slang name will suit him.
- Frodo – If he is a fan of ‘The Lord of the Rings,’ then this nickname will cheer him up.
Cool Nicknames for Francis
Signifying style and hipness, the following stack of nicknames will make Francis stand out. Just go for the one that sounds effortless and blends well with his personality. After all, Rick Owens says, ‘The coolest thing is when you don’t care about being cool.’
- Gran Fran – If your grandpa is called Francis, then it’s time you give him this nickname.
- Frog – A cool way of calling a friend who hops right in when you need them.
- Lancis – A charming name for someone skilled in warfare or weaponry.
- Franklin – A jazzy nickname for someone with a lavish lifestyle.
- Ran-cis – For the swift-legged one who runs and reaches places in the blink of an eye.
- Fran Man – A dashing name for your good-looking friend called Francis.
- Fighter – Boost up his confidence with such a powerful nickname.
- Fizz – A nickname that rappers would like to pick up.
- Franster – Another pet name with a cool spin to it.
- Funny Fran – If you like his sense of humor, then just be direct.
- Fad – For that trendy friend whose fashion game is on point.
- Chancy Francy – If Francis is always up for risks and chances, then this might be a good option.
- Francuski – That’s how we do it the Russian style.
- Francher – This is for a rancher with a countryside vibe.
- Bank-cis – If finance is his forte, then this one is both smart and funny.
- Frank Dank – A slang that any millennial would love.
- Prankster – If there is always some or the other prank cooking in his mind, then this is what you call him.
- Firefly – If Francis is someone who never ceases to amaze you, then this magical nickname is for him.
- Frankie Yankee – This will make him happy if baseball is his thing.
Now that you have gone through our compilation of more than 60 nicknames for Francis, do not let the day pass without choosing a lovely nickname for that special guy. Always remember life is all about these little joys, and giving someone a nickname is undoubtedly one of them.
If our blog has inspired you to weave a new nickname for Francis, then we are all ears. Please do share your creative nickname ideas with us.
We’ll be back with more interesting nicknames for your loved ones soon. Until then, happy nicknaming!